Thursday, March 28, 2013

I know that everyone has made this ...

Yes I know that everyone has made Vogue 1250 but after the success of my Vogue 2988 jacket I wanted some thing that would be quick to sew and work out for me.   I noticed that a lot of my favourite sewing bloggers had made this dress and were really happy with it.  Although most of them were much slimmer than I was so I wasn't sure that it would suit my shape.   Also because this pattern has no side seams I was really struggling to work out how to make it larger over the hips.  A standard pattern adjustment for anything I make unfortunately.

Then I came across Carolyn's version of this dress.  Carolyn is always looking for stylish ways to adapt patterns to suit her shape.  I loved this dress on her!  I think she ended up making another 4 or 5 of them.  

So I chose a piece of material from my stash and started sewing.  I couldn't believe how quick this dress was to sew.  The worst part for me was working out how to increase it around my hips.  I love the way it turned out.  I am not one for wearing sleeveless dresses so I will  wear this with a cardigan.  I would normally not even consider making a fitted dress like this but after reading all the blog posts about this dress I thought it was worth a try.   I have had some nice compliments from people when I wear this so I am taking that as a good thing.  I have a feeling there could be a couple more Vogue 1250's in my wardrobe too ;-)

At the moment I am trying to work out how I could put a sleeve into this pattern.  As the weather is starting to cool down in Australia I need a winter version!




No comments:

Post a Comment