Saturday, January 29, 2011

Butterick 5347

Ok, I have finally made a decision on what to sew first!   The weather here in Melbourne today is 40 C (that is 104 F) and it looks like it is going to stay pretty hot all week.    I have a cupboard full of fabric and no cool dresses to wear so I have chosen something pretty straight forward to make up.  I had this green cotton batik fabric in the stash and thought it would be OK to use for this dress.  I don't love it, I don't hate it so if the dress doesn't work out that well I won't be too stressed.


This Butterick pattern looks like something I could whip up in an hour or so.  I just hope it doesn't end up looking like a sack on me.





2 comments:

  1. Another welcome to Blogland from an Aussie sewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie.
    Just discovered your blog and remarkably, it looks like mine!!!!
    Well how did the batik dress finish up??
    Excellent idea on using stash fabric - I have a lot stashed, but mainly shorter lengths and a lot more suited for children's wear.
    I started cleaning up my sewing cupboard this year, sorting out stashed pattern and organizing and cataloging all my patterns - and that's as far as I've gotten!!
    My 15 year old daughter has asked me to make her school formal dress and we've chosen a pattern and have worked out exactly how she wants it - now to take her measurements and actually make a start!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete