Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where do I start?

Well the sewing room is tidy and the fabric stash in the cupboard is organised.  I cannot believe the amount of fabric I have in that cupboard.  While I was organising the fabrics into the plastic containers, I remembered just how much I paid for some of that fabric.  Frightening!  I hope my husband never reads my blog! 

I have some beautiful italian linens and expensive cotton voiles in amongst all of that fabric.  I have a feeling that I hesitated to use these fabrics because I considered them 'too good', which resulted in them just being stored away, lost in that mess that was my fabric stash. This year I am determined to find the right patterns  to make them up in.

Along with that huge fabric stash, I also have an enormous amount of patterns.  Most of which have never been opened.  Whilst I won't commit to not buying any new patterns during 2011, I am going to make a conscious decision to try and use my existing patterns whenever possible.

After many years of working in the corporate world my circumstances changed at the end of last year.  I use to work as a marketer and now I am trying to establish a new career as a real estate photographer.  Needless to say the kind of wardrobe I need for my new career is very different.   Now I need smart casual clothing that still looks professional when I go out to photograph homes.  None of the stuffy corporate stuff anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment